Department of Molecular Biology
Simches Research Center
Boston, MA 02114
About Arneet Saltzman
I completed my PhD in Dr. Ben Blencowe's lab at the University of Toronto, where I studied alternative splicing and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay. As a postdoctoral fellow in the Lee lab, I will continue to pursue my interest in RNA biology by studying interactions between ong non-coding RNAs and chromatin regulatory factors.Publications
- Saltzman AL, Pan Q, Blencowe BJ. Regulation of alternative splicing by the core spliceosomal machinery. Genes Dev. 2011 Feb 15; 25(4):373-84.
- Saltzman AL, Kim YK, Pan Q, Fagnani MM, Maquat LE, Blencowe BJ. Regulation of multiple core spliceosomal proteins by alternative splicing-coupled nonsense-mediated mRNA decay. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2008 Jul; 28(13):4320-30.
- Fagnani M, Barash Y, Ip JY, Misquitta C, Pan Q, Saltzman AL, Shai O, Lee L, Rozenhek A, Mohammad N, Willaime-Morawek S, Babak T, Zhang W, Hughes TR, van der Kooy D, Frey BJ, Blencowe BJ. Functional coordination of alternative splicing in the mammalian central nervous system. Genome Biol. 2007; 8(6):R108.
- Calarco JA, Saltzman AL, Ip JY, Blencowe BJ. Technologies for the global discovery and analysis of alternative splicing. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 2007; 623:64-84.
- Pan Q, Saltzman AL, Kim YK, Misquitta C, Shai O, Maquat LE, Frey BJ, Blencowe BJ. Quantitative microarray profiling provides evidence against widespread coupling of alternative splicing with nonsense-mediated mRNA decay to control gene expression. Genes Dev. 2006 Jan 15; 20(2):153-8.
- Hughes TR, Hiley SL, Saltzman AL, Babak T, Blencowe BJ. Microarray analysis of RNA processing and modification. Meth. Enzymol. 2006; 410:300-16.
- Pan Q, Shai O, Misquitta C, Zhang W, Saltzman AL, Mohammad N, Babak T, Siu H, Hughes TR, Morris QD, Frey BJ, Blencowe BJ. Revealing global regulatory features of mammalian alternative splicing using a quantitative microarray platform. Mol. Cell 2004 Dec 22; 16(6):929-41.