Assistant in Molecular Biology
Department of Molecular Biology
Simches Research Center
Boston, MA 02114
About Yesu Jeon
I received both my undergraduate and graduate degrees from Seoul National University in Korea, where I spent most of my time working on DNA replication and cell cycle regulation until I joined the Lee Lab. I am currently interested in chromosome dynamics during and after X-chromosome inactivation (XCI).Publications
- Pinter SF, Sadreyev RI, Yildirim E, Jeon Y, Ohsumi TK, Borowsky M, Lee JT. Spreading of X chromosome inactivation via a hierarchy of defined Polycomb stations. Genome Res. 2012 Oct; 22(10):1864-76.
- Jeon Y, Sarma K, Lee JT. New and Xisting regulatory mechanisms of X chromosome inactivation. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 2012 Apr; 22(2):62-71.
- Jeon Y, Lee JT. YY1 tethers Xist RNA to the inactive X nucleation center. Cell 2011 Jul 8; 146(1):119-33.
- Kim DH, Jeon Y, Anguera MC, Lee JT. X-chromosome epigenetic reprogramming in pluripotent stem cells via noncoding genes. Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. 2011 Jun; 22(4):336-42.
- Jeon Y, Bekiranov S, Karnani N, Kapranov P, Ghosh S, MacAlpine D, Lee C, Hwang DS, Gingeras TR, Dutta A. Temporal profile of replication of human chromosomes. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2005 May 3; 102(18):6419-24.
- Vaziri C, Saxena S, Jeon Y, Lee C, Murata K, Machida Y, Wagle N, Hwang DS, Dutta A. A p53-dependent checkpoint pathway prevents rereplication. Mol. Cell 2003 Apr; 11(4):997-1008.
- Ha SH, Park JJ, Kim JW, Jeong JW, Noh KS, Jeon YJ. Molecular cloning and high-level expression of G2 protein of hantaan (HTN) virus 76-118 strain in the yeast Pichia pastoris KM71. Virus Genes 2001 Mar; 22(2):167-73.