Department of Molecular Biology
Simches Research Center
Boston, MA 02114
About Patrick Schorderet
I am a Swiss trained engineer who somehow ended up with a PhD in genetics. I'm devoted to Mac, Canon and Italian espresso. I seem mean but I'm really not, I'm bad at spelling but good at making up (English) words. Scientifically, I am interested in the evolution of regulatory mechanisms. As such, my work focuses on the Hox genes, one of the most well conserved gene families in metazoans. Their peculiar mode of activation, which strictly follows their position along the chromosome, makes these genes an ideal system to study chromosome topology and epigenetic regulation. Moreover, the amazing amount of knowledge we have gained in the regulation of these genes in Drosophila since the landmark studies by Pam and Ed Lewis is a solid basis to approach chromatin organization from an evo-devo perspective. I also love photography and spend most of my free time capturing weddings and portraits. Alternatively, as an excuse to feel healthy, I run, bike and swim. I'm equally bad at all three but I like the way it makes me feel. Finally, I love literature - in which other context can you have such dramatic endings?Publications
- Noordermeer D, Leleu M, Schorderet P, Joye E, Chabaud F, Duboule D. Temporal dynamics and developmental memory of 3D chromatin architecture at Hox gene loci. Elife 2014; 3:e02557.
- Schorderet P, Lonfat N, Darbellay F, Tschopp P, Gitto S, Soshnikova N, Duboule D. A genetic approach to the recruitment of PRC2 at the HoxD locus. PLoS Genet. 2013 Nov; 9(11):e1003951.
- Schorderet P, Duboule D. Structural and functional differences in the long non-coding RNA hotair in mouse and human. PLoS Genet. 2011 May; 7(5):e1002071.
- Mikkelsen TS, Hanna J, Zhang X, Ku M, Wernig M, Schorderet P, Bernstein BE, Jaenisch R, Lander ES, Meissner A. Dissecting direct reprogramming through integrative genomic analysis. Nature 2008 Jul 3; 454(7200):49-55.
- Hanna J, Markoulaki S, Schorderet P, Carey BW, Beard C, Wernig M, Creyghton MP, Steine EJ, Cassady JP, Foreman R, Lengner CJ, Dausman JA, Jaenisch R. Direct reprogramming of terminally differentiated mature B lymphocytes to pluripotency. Cell 2008 Apr 18; 133(2):250-64.
- Welstead GG, Schorderet P, Boyer LA. The reprogramming language of pluripotency. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 2008 Apr; 18(2):123-9.