Department of Molecular Biology
Simches Research Center
Boston, MA 02114
About Martin Newman
I am currently investigating the mechanisms by which cells chemically modify RNA; I am also working toward elucidating how these RNA modifications might mediate previously unknown interactions of RNA with other macromolecules in our cells.Publications
- Tabach Y, Billi AC, Hayes GD, Newman MA, Zuk O, Gabel H, Kamath R, Yacoby K, Chapman B, Garcia SM, Borowsky M, Kim JK, Ruvkun G. Identification of small RNA pathway genes using patterns of phylogenetic conservation and divergence. Nature 2013 Jan 31; 493(7434):694-8.
- Newman MA, Mani V, Hammond SM. Deep sequencing of microRNA precursors reveals extensive 3' end modification. RNA 2011 Oct; 17(10):1795-803.
- Newman MA, Hammond SM. Lin-28: an early embryonic sentinel that blocks Let-7 biogenesis. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2010 Aug; 42(8):1330-3.
- Newman MA, Hammond SM. Emerging paradigms of regulated microRNA processing. Genes Dev. 2010 Jun 1; 24(11):1086-92.
- Dangi-Garimella S, Yun J, Eves EM, Newman M, Erkeland SJ, Hammond SM, Minn AJ, Rosner MR. Raf kinase inhibitory protein suppresses a metastasis signalling cascade involving LIN28 and let-7. EMBO J. 2009 Feb 18; 28(4):347-58.
- Newman MA, Thomson JM, Hammond SM. Lin-28 interaction with the Let-7 precursor loop mediates regulated microRNA processing. RNA 2008 Aug; 14(8):1539-49.
- Thomson JM, Newman M, Parker JS, Morin-Kensicki EM, Wright T, Hammond SM. Extensive post-transcriptional regulation of microRNAs and its implications for cancer. Genes Dev. 2006 Aug 15; 20(16):2202-7.