Department of Molecular Biology
Simches Research Center
Boston, MA 02114
About Hyunjung Oh
I completed my Ph.D. at KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), where I studied the mechanisms underlying tumorigenesis with specific focus on the function of cancer-associated genes in the regulation of the cell cycle. Having studied the mechanisms of how these genes are normally regulated and how their deregulation leads to human diseases, I became interested in epigenetic regulation of gene expression and thus, I joined the Lee lab to study the function of ncRNAs in epigenetic regulation of X-chromosome inactivation. I am particularly interested in identifying new ncRNAs involved in X-chromosome inactivationPublications
- Silva L, Oh HS, Chang L, Yan Z, Triezenberg SJ, Knipe DM. Roles of the nuclear lamina in stable nuclear association and assembly of a herpesviral transactivator complex on viral immediate-early genes. MBio 2012; 3(1)
- Yun HJ, Yoon JH, Lee JK, Noh KT, Yoon KW, Oh SP, Oh HJ, Chae JS, Hwang SG, Kim EH, Maul GG, Lim DS, Choi EJ.. Daxx mediates activation-induced cell death in microglia by triggering MST1 signalling. EMBO J. 2011 May 13;30(12):2465-76.
- Oh HJ, Kim MJ, Song SJ, Kim T, Lee D, Kwon SH, Choi EJ, Lim DS.. MST1 limits the kinase activity of aurora B to promote stable kinetochore-microtubule attachment. Curr Biol. 2010 Mar 9;20(5):416-22.
- Oh S, Lee D, Kim T, Kim TS, Oh HJ, Hwang CY, Kong YY, Kwon KS, Lim DS.. Crucial role for Mst1 and Mst2 kinases in early embryonic development of the mouse. Mol Cell Biol. 2009 Dec;29(23):6309-20.
- Choi J, Oh S, Lee D, Oh HJ, Park JY, Lee SB, Lim DS.. Mst1-FoxO signaling protects Naïve T lymphocytes from cellular oxidative stress in mice. PLoS One. 2009 Nov 24;4(11):e8011.
- Song MS, Song SJ, Kim SY, Oh HJ, Lim DS.. The tumour suppressor RASSF1A promotes MDM2 self-ubiquitination by disrupting the MDM2-DAXX-HAUSP complex. EMBO J. 2008 Jul 9;27(13):1863-74.
- Lee JH, Kim TS, Yang TH, Koo BK, Oh SP, Lee KP, Oh HJ, Lee SH, Kong YY, Kim JM, Lim DS.. A crucial role of WW45 in developing epithelial tissues in the mouse. EMBO J. 2008 Apr 23;27(8):1231-42.
- Oh HJ, Lee KK, Song SJ, Jin MS, Song MS, Lee JH, Im CR, Lee JO, Yonehara S, Lim DS.. Role of the tumor suppressor RASSF1A in Mst1-mediated apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2006 Mar 1;66(5):2562-9.