About Yuval Tabach
Interests: small RNA-mediated pathways, MicroRNAs, RNAi, Phylogenetic profiling, bioinformatics, genomic data. Several recent studies have sought to identify novel genes in the small RNA-mediated pathways. Even as these gene lists are highly likely to contain novel candidates the limited overlap of these screens may indicate a large false positive rate and may reflect limited sensitivity and specificity. In an effort to more comprehensively identify genes that contribute to small RNA pathways, I experimentally and computationally collect different genome-scale data sets including: Phylogenetic profiles, protein-protein interaction, expression databases, RNAi phenotypes, genetic interactions, interolog interactions, mass spectrometry data and RNAi screens to detect genes involved in microRNA and siRNA. I am applying various bioinformatics and statistical methods to evaluate each dataset's predictive power and integrate the different resources and establishing a list of high-confidence candidate.Publications
- Tabach Y, Billi AC, Hayes GD, Newman MA, Zuk O, Gabel H, Kamath R, Yacoby K, Chapman B, Garcia SM, Borowsky M, Kim JK, Ruvkun G. Identification of small RNA pathway genes using patterns of phylogenetic conservation and divergence. Nature 2013 Jan 31; 493(7434):694-8.
- Kogan-Sakin I, Tabach Y, Buganim Y, Molchadsky A, Solomon H, Madar S, Kamer I, Stambolsky P, Shelly A, Goldfinger N, Valsesia-Wittmann S, Puisieux A, Zundelevich A, Gal-Yam EN, Avivi C, Barshack I, Brait M, Sidransky D, Domany E, Rotter V. Mutant p53(R175H) upregulates Twist1 expression and promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition in immortalized prostate cells. Cell Death Differ. 2011 Feb; 18(2):271-81.
- Tabach Y, Kogan-Sakin I, Buganim Y, Solomon H, Goldfinger N, Hovland R, Ke XS, Oyan AM, Kalland KH, Rotter V, Domany E. Amplification of the 20q chromosomal arm occurs early in tumorigenic transformation and may initiate cancer. PLoS ONE 2011; 6(1):e14632.
- Stambolsky P, Tabach Y, Fontemaggi G, Weisz L, Maor-Aloni R, Siegfried Z, Sigfried Z, Shiff I, Kogan I, Shay M, Kalo E, Blandino G, Simon I, Oren M, Rotter V. Modulation of the vitamin D3 response by cancer-associated mutant p53. Cancer Cell 2010 Mar 16; 17(3):273-85.
- Peller S, Tabach Y, Rotschild M, Garach-Joshua O, Cohen Y, Goldfinger N, Rotter V. Identification of gene networks associated with erythroid differentiation. Blood Cells Mol. Dis. ; 43(1):74-80.
- Tabach Y, Brosh R, Buganim Y, Reiner A, Zuk O, Yitzhaky A, Koudritsky M, Rotter V, Domany E. Wide-scale analysis of human functional transcription factor binding reveals a strong bias towards the transcription start site. PLoS ONE 2007; 2(8):e807.
- Einav U, Tabach Y, Getz G, Yitzhaky A, Ozbek U, Amariglio N, Izraeli S, Rechavi G, Domany E. Gene expression analysis reveals a strong signature of an interferon-induced pathway in childhood lymphoblastic leukemia as well as in breast and ovarian cancer. Oncogene 2005 Sep 22; 24(42):6367-75.
- Milyavsky M, Tabach Y, Shats I, Erez N, Cohen Y, Tang X, Kalis M, Kogan I, Buganim Y, Goldfinger N, Ginsberg D, Harris CC, Domany E, Rotter V. Transcriptional programs following genetic alterations in p53, INK4A, and H-Ras genes along defined stages of malignant transformation. Cancer Res. 2005 Jun 1; 65(11):4530-43.
- Tabach Y, Milyavsky M, Shats I, Brosh R, Zuk O, Yitzhaky A, Mantovani R, Domany E, Rotter V, Pilpel Y. The promoters of human cell cycle genes integrate signals from two tumor suppressive pathways during cellular transformation. Mol. Syst. Biol. 2005; 1:2005.0022.
- Milyavsky M, Shats I, Erez N, Tang X, Senderovich S, Meerson A, Tabach Y, Goldfinger N, Ginsberg D, Harris CC, Rotter V. Prolonged culture of telomerase-immortalized human fibroblasts leads to a premalignant phenotype. Cancer Res. 2003 Nov 1; 63(21):7147-57.