Jee Young An
Institute for Basic Science
About Jee Young An
During my PhD studies, I worked on the physiological functions of the N-end rule pathway including transcriptional silencing by histone modification during meiosis. Then I joined Dr. Jeannie Lee's lab as a postdoctoral fellow to study more about the mechanisms of epigenetic regulation. My current research interests focus on identifying new regulators of silencing.Publications
- An JY, Kim E, Zakrzewska A, Yoo YD, Jang JM, Han DH, Lee MJ, Seo JW, de Rooij DG, Kwon YT. UBR2 of the N-end rule pathway is required for chromosome stability via histone ubiquitylation in spermatocytes and somatic cells. PLoS ONE 2012; 7(5):e37414.
- Song JJ, Szczepanski MJ, Kim SY, An JY, Kwon YT, Alcala MA, Bartlett DL, Lee YJ. c-Cbl-mediated degradation of TRAIL receptors is responsible for the development of the early phase of TRAIL resistance. Cell. Signal. 2010 Mar; 22(3):553-63.
- An JY, Kim EA, Jiang Y, Zakrzewska A, Lee MJ, Mook-Jung I, Zhang Y, Kwon YT. UBR2 mediates transcriptional silencing during spermatogenesis via histone ubiquitination. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2010 Feb 2; 107(5):1912-7.
- Yang F, Cheng Y, An JY, Kwon YT, Eckardt S, Leu NA, McLaughlin KJ, Wang PJ. The ubiquitin ligase Ubr2, a recognition E3 component of the N-end rule pathway, stabilizes Tex19.1 during spermatogenesis. PLoS ONE 2010; 5(11):e14017.
- Jeong JH, An JY, Kwon YT, Rhee JG, Lee YJ. Effects of low dose quercetin: cancer cell-specific inhibition of cell cycle progression. J. Cell. Biochem. 2009 Jan 1; 106(1):73-82.
- Jeong JH, An JY, Kwon YT, Li LY, Lee YJ. Quercetin-induced ubiquitination and down-regulation of Her-2/neu. J. Cell. Biochem. 2008 Oct 1; 105(2):585-95.
- Lee MJ, Pal K, Tasaki T, Roy S, Jiang Y, An JY, Banerjee R, Kwon YT. Synthetic heterovalent inhibitors targeting recognition E3 components of the N-end rule pathway. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2008 Jan 8; 105(1):100-5.
- Song JJ, An JY, Kwon YT, Lee YJ. Evidence for two modes of development of acquired tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand resistance. Involvement of Bcl-xL. J. Biol. Chem. 2007 Jan 5; 282(1):319-28.
- An JY, Seo JW, Tasaki T, Lee MJ, Varshavsky A, Kwon YT. Impaired neurogenesis and cardiovascular development in mice lacking the E3 ubiquitin ligases UBR1 and UBR2 of the N-end rule pathway. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2006 Apr 18; 103(16):6212-7.
- Ouyang Y, Kwon YT, An JY, Eller D, Tsai SC, Diaz-Perez S, Troke JJ, Teitell MA, Marahrens Y. Loss of Ubr2, an E3 ubiquitin ligase, leads to chromosome fragility and impaired homologous recombinational repair. Mutat. Res. 2006 Apr 11; 596(1-2):64-75.
- Kim KM, Song JJ, An JY, Kwon YT, Lee YJ. Pretreatment of acetylsalicylic acid promotes tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosis by down-regulating BCL-2 gene expression. J. Biol. Chem. 2005 Dec 9; 280(49):41047-56.
- Lee MJ, Tasaki T, Moroi K, An JY, Kimura S, Davydov IV, Kwon YT. RGS4 and RGS5 are in vivo substrates of the N-end rule pathway. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2005 Oct 18; 102(42):15030-5.